Wednesday, August 11, 2010

wedding wednesday!

Since most of my life has been completely enveloped by this wedding, I figured I'd make each Wednesday post a "Wedding Wednesday" post! 

Now, I would definitely NEVER call myself a DIY Queen. Not even a DIY Princess. I'm probably more like the DIY Jester. I can come up with a couple of ideas but have trouble executing them.... Until I saw this! 
http://community.theknot.com/cs/ks/blogs/wedding_style_file/archive/2010/07/09/first-dance-idea-provide-flare.aspx

I was scrolling through TheKnot.com and found an awesome DIY idea: during your romantic first dance, you provide disposable lighters for your guests to light up and sway in the air, just like you'd do at a concert, while your fave band is playing their best ballad. SWEET! And, I can't forget the DIY part of it all: you wrap each lighter in some funky, cute, decorative paper. Jose (the fiance) & I found some awesome prints at Paper Source. I'll post more pictures when I have all my lighters wrapped up!

'Til next time,

xoxo
Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment